Ten years ago today, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai‘i first opened its doors for Disney guests to experience a vacation destination unlike any other—one that is deeply rooted in the Hawaiian culture.
With the attention to detail for which Disney is known, Aulani illustrates the stories of Hawai‘i through entertainment, architecture, artwork and most of all, the people who live here. In fact, the name Aulani means “messenger of the chief,” as Aulani serves as a messenger of the Hawaiian spirit, people and culture.
During the early months of the global pandemic, like a lot of Disney destinations, they continued to share the Aulani Resort magic virtually with their fans in their own homes. Peaceful scenes from the resort to help former & future guests find their Zen, gave a guided look inside the Aulani Resort, and Cast Member performances of hula at home during national Lū‘au Month.
Hawaii’s eventually announcement it’s pre-arrival testing program for those traveling from out-of-state, ultimately leading the way for a phased reopening of Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa beginning on Sunday, November 1 2020. And just like other Disney destinations that have re-opened, they used a measured approach that focuses on the health and safety of our guests, cast and community.
World Princess Week & Aulani
World Princess Week is a first-ever global event that celebrates the courage and kindness that the Disney Princesses embody. And to mark the occasion, Aulani: A Disney Resort & Spa invited fans to tune in to @DisneyParks on TikTok for a one-of-a-kind LIVE experience for World Princess Week and a special inside look at Aulani Resort in honor of its 10th anniversary and highlight Disney cast members and characters who make each visit magical.
1. Celebrate with favorite Disney friends including Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse. As you stroll the Waikolohe Valley, you may encounter a few new faces. At the Aulani Resort ‘ohana you’ll fine Moana, Duffy & ShellieMay, Olu Mel, Stitch & Angel, Pluto & Daisy Duck. Say hello, and of course, snap a photo with them!
2. Celebrate with a tropical treat. Hawaiian temperatures are perfect for an icy cold treat. Our pineapple soft serve, available at the Lava Shack Ulu Cafe, might just be what you’re looking for in the afternoon. Choose between pineapple, vanilla or swirl—a delightful combination of both flavors!
3. Celebrate in our water oasis. As you make your way to the top of Pu‘u Kilo, peer out over the beautiful Waikolohe Valley below. Then, opt to get back down through Tubestone Curl. The best part of this water slide adventure is the end, which launches you into the Waikolohe Stream—also known as our lazy river.
4. Celebrate over dinner. Watch the sun set over the Ko Olina lagoon as you dine at Makahiki — The Bounty of the Islands, where you can satisfy your appetite with fresh, local foods and international flavors in a vibrant setting.
5. Celebrate with a lei. As a symbol of love and aloha, the lei is a perfect gift for celebrations or everyday appreciation. Learn how to string together your very own lei in the resort’s Pau Hana Room or Aunty’s Beach House.
How will you celebrate the 10th anniversary of Aulani Resort?